Google Hot Trends

Nov 21, 2010

Kids and Dogs

People always ask me how my wife and I's 45lb boxer Boomer gets along with our 3 month old son. She is great with him, licks his feet and face and he loves it! I would never worry for a second that she would bite him, but I do worry about her knocking him over when he starts toddling. We live in an apartment so she doesn't get out as much as she needs to, so she is pretty wound up most of the time, as most boxers are anyways. She is the biggest sweetheart in the whole world but she can jump 6' straight up in the air and her tail is docked so her whole body wags when she is happy, she understands the words "easy, he/she is a baby" or at least the calm tone I say it in and slows down when someone brings kids over, but she could still easily knock one of them over on accident, or pounce at them playfully and scratch them. I'm so worried that she will hurt someones kids when they are over here that I either keep her in the kennel or on the porch the whole time they are here unless she is on a leash or in the chair with me. I'm worried about what I will do when Parker starts being mobile, as I can't keep her on the porch all the time. I know she would never intentionally hurt him but she hurts me regularly not trying to just from being so excited. Anybody else have big dog blues?
This is my wife and I's first apartment, long before our son was even conceived, so excuse the mess please.

No comments:

Post a Comment